- 306 Broadway
- Hours: Tues.– Thurs. (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. year- round), Sun. (1-3 p.m. April – October), also open by appointment
- Free admission
- Bus parking available
Grundy County Heritage Museum The museum serves as the county’s environmental education center. It displays a wide variety of artifacts from Grundy County’s cultural past and also includes natural history and displays of wildlife mounts and aquarium displays.
Colfax No. 3 (one-room schoolhouse) One of the buildings present on the Grundy County Museum grounds is a one-room country school. This school was located in Colfax Township, Grundy County. The school is one of the earliest in Grundy County, having been constructed in the late 1870s. The building was moved to the grounds, restored, and is furnished according to the 1880-1900 period.
Peck Log Cabin William Peck moved his family to Grundy County in August of 1853. Mr. Peck is credited as the ﬁrst permanent white settler in Grundy County, having moved into his log cabin in October of that year. The log cabin was ﬁrst moved to Roadman Park in 1966. It was dismantled and moved to the museum grounds in 1978.
Heritage Center and Agricultural Hall This building contains administrative ofﬁces of the Grundy County Conservation Board, a gift shop, meeting space, and a large kitchen area. Work on the interpretive displays in both the Heritage Room and the Agricultural Hall is continuing as grants and other funds are available. A 90-foot long diorama is a focal point of the hall and depicts the transformation of Grundy County prairie to farmland. The museum also features a 1900’s farmhouse.