Using Our Roots to Grow Our Future
Established in 1995, the Grundy County Development Alliance (GCDA) is dedicated to enhancing the economic health of Grundy County. In 2017, the GCDA and the Butler County Development
Corporation (BCDC) merged to become the Butler-Grundy Development Alliance (BGDA).
Having shared an executive director for several years, a merger of the two organizations was a
logical next step in building a stronger, more stable and efficient organization to serve the two county region. The new organization reflects a unified approach to community and
economic development in Butler and Grundy Counties.
Butler-Grundy Development Alliance
The Butler-Grundy Development Alliance promotes economic prosperity by providing resources and building relationships to help attract and retain business and industry, and to support community development in the two county region.
BGDA focus areas are:
• Industrial Recruitment
• Site and building development
• Site and building marketing
• Commercial and retail development
Business Retention and Expansion
• Business Retention and Expansion
• New Business Start-ups and entrepreneurship
• Regional Marketing
• Product Development
- Downtown Redevelopment Resource
- Downtown Beautification Resource
- Housing Technical Assistance